Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dog Soldiers (2002)

Just a quick one. I was really disappointed by this half arsed mess of a werewolf movie. After all the hype, all the time I spent (2 minutes) borrowing a copy and the hundred odd minutes sitting down to watch it, I can safely say this movie is underwhelming.

While it's true there's gore, soldiers, monsters and a woman; Dog Soldiers is never convincing. We have acting at Friends level (shouting fills in for emoting), non-existent scares and a mixed bag of characters. Two of the characters are memorable in that I can actually remember them at all. There's the short guy who has an epic fight with a werewolf and the older guy who dies. The key character's main traits appear to be his odd shaped face and scraggy hair, because those are the only things I remember.

Kevin McKidd - I act like I wear a shirt...er...unbuttoned
Kevin McKidd - I act like I wear a shirt...er...unbuttoned
Redeeming features? Some cool scenes, Doctor Who's son (Sean Pertwee) and an ending where someone survived.

Do you like my nails? WELL, DO YOU!?
You got sauce on your suit/rug. Better get that in to soak.
Not the best werewolf movie going around after all. Boo

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment